Index du forum[FR] Airlines Manager en Français> › Supports et Bugs> › AM Professional> › [Airlines Manager] Conseils et Aide> Voir les nouveaux messages | Voir mes messages

Opening a line.

Des conseils à demander ou des outils pour les joueurs ? N'hésitez pas à les poster ! Une question ? Posez la dans le sujet unique. :)

Opening a line.

Messagede nicomedes » Mar Mar 19, 2013 19:28

Hello everyone. I just want to know why is so expensive to open a line. And when you open a line the rest turn more expensive. Can somebody tell me the reason why? Thanks. :?
nicomedes

Nom de compagnie: Oceana Airlines
ID Compagnie AM2: 697

Opening a line.

Publicité

Publicité

Re: Opening a line.

Messagede adif3945 » Mar Mar 19, 2013 20:17

it is to give the game a longest life not like AMC
Sorry if you don't understand my english is not the best :)
adif3945

Nom de compagnie: singapore airwas
ID Compagnie AM2: 15803

Messagede NexusNeant » Mar Mar 19, 2013 21:40

More lines you buy, more expensive it is costing because the "sponsor" spend less money. It is a way for reduce the speed of the game. If all the line cost 10 m $, It is the same as Airlines Manager Classic, and the devellopement of AM 2 is useless.

It is a way to "stick" more with the reality of the life. If you can buy 5 lines each day for 10 m$, it is not so realistic. It is one of the way that Playrion choose for be the more realistic than possible

I am sorry (if my english is bad )
NexusNeant

Nom de compagnie: Defrateck Air
ID Compagnie AM2: 1371

Messagede Alain » Mar Mar 19, 2013 23:25

Well... another point of view: opening a new line is not expensive. Translate its cost into days of revenues. You'll see that your line are fully amortized within 3 months or less. Now, when you open a line, and use it to its full potential, you'll most probably make several 1'000's times its cost in revenues over... a year, 2 years, 3 ... ?

So lines' costs are really neglectable, and amortized very fast.

The difference you have to understand is that AM2 does not work like AM1: within AM1, opening a line and getting an aircraft to fly it was sufficient. Within AM2, you have to (very) carefully select which line to open, when to open it, and select the correct aircraft(s), and aircrafts' configurations to fly it, so that get the optimal revenues from it.

At first, lines costs are balanced by subventions, so that when you start the game, you will be able to play. However, subventions are reduced each time you open a new line (depends on the total number of kilometers your present lines represent together). Simply said: You grow fat, you pay more :wink:

This fact might be balanced by buying a new hub: in this case, as subventions are hub-related, you may grow in several places around the world :lol:

Have a nice game, mate.
ImageImageImage
Alain

Nom de compagnie: Global Air
ID Compagnie AM2: 3892

Messagede nicomedes » Mer Mar 20, 2013 02:08

Hi guys.

First of all, adif3945 and Ncisboys, your English is good and understandable. Your points of view are so interesting and really make sense.

Thank you all very much for your soon responses. Good game mates :D
nicomedes

Modération - Déplacement du sujet

Messagede Air Murcia » Mer Mar 20, 2013 14:34

Votre sujet a été déplacé dans "[AM 2] Conseils et Aide".
Ancien forum : [AM 2] Suggestions et Avis

Motif(s) : Mauvaise section

L'Équipe de Modération.
Air Murcia

Nom de compagnie: Air Murcia
ID Compagnie AM2: 286

Messagede jun3853 » Mer Mar 20, 2013 23:53

I also understand the idea.
No doubt that AM Classic was too easy and did not require strategic choices.

However, AM2 is too slow and somewhat boring.
Waiting 2 months or so to open a new line is not really exciting.
jun3853

Messagede Alain » Jeu Mar 21, 2013 09:24

Huh... jun3853... why would you have to wait 2 months or so ?

Either you are just at the start of the game, and in this case you have more than 90% of subventions, therefore a new line costs you 30 to 40 M$.
Or, you started already sometime ago, and then what you say would be symptomatic of an inadequate mix lines/aircrafts/configurations, therefore not bringing you enough revenues.

I presently have 10 lines, not yet all 100% covered, and the next one will only cost me between 50 and 70 M$, so that's cheap.

The key within AM2 is your TS (Trésorerie Structurelle = Structural account balance). Should your running gross costs (rentals + reimbursements of loans) exceed 50% of your revenues, then you would indeed have difficulties to get enough cash to go ahead.

In this case, you have 2 solutions (or rather a mix of both):
- decrease your costs (e.g. selling lines because too many lines not 100% covered)
- increase your revenues (e.g. adapt aircrafts' configurations better, change aircrafts where needed, etc).

I am presently just doing this - cleaning my TS - over a 3 months' timespan, because the latest price increases, and the foreseeable ones that will come, kill my available cash, which hence becomes inadequate for my planned company development. Just plan ahead - 3 to 5 months is a must - in such a way that your netto balance will fit your planned company development.

Where AM1 just asked you to buy a line and get an aircraft to fly it, AM2 requires a lot more planning. If you do this, you should not remain stuck for more than 10 to 30 days to get a new line or new aircraft.
ImageImageImage
Alain

Nom de compagnie: Global Air
ID Compagnie AM2: 3892

Messagede fsintegral » Jeu Mar 21, 2013 17:28

Well.. another point of view :mrgreen:

jun3853 said 3 months... However, one month is also lonnnnng to wait for. I haven't done nothing in AM2 since February except unlocking services, aircraft, fixing plannings where wasted hours should be filled with new flights of the same destination by deletion of terminated ones. I know after 4 or 5 months I would be able to buy aircraft and lines every week. But to get there, it's the same as AMClassic : boring the two first months. I'm starting to miss Georges :lol:

The fact is, on a game timespan where you only have to click, a week with nothing to do is.. annoying !

Selling lines. Yes, why not ? But I would had to have learned to play AM2 before starting, which, I doubt, everyone would dive in before playing. It's the same as asking me to reset right now. Well, I can't ! :lol: (as I think I couldn't reuse the name of my Airline, and face two more months of waiting, waiting, waiting... It's no more a game, it's a pain)
So, "no pain, no game", of course ! :lol: However, I prefer to face the pain of waiting two more months with my current airline (it's 400 billions of revenue - 7M$ per day) instead of scaling down my network. By selling a line, I'll retrieve 20M$ and save 8M$ for my next destination. Well, it's 28M$, the price of a Bombardier.. what for ? I could buy a Bombardier within 4 days if I want...

Increasing my revenues... Saperlipopette ! I've started with an high cost airline - my bad :lol: (in fact, in AM2, you must start with Low cost standing) By increasing my revenues, I'll gain 65000$ per day (I can't change leased aircraft seat map) It's 2 billions a month. But I should spend 750000$ to fix configurations, prices, etc. Well, even 2 billions it's tiny ;) I haven't 54 ATR to get significant improvements at the end of the week.

So what ? Aww. Nothing !
Just to say, it's true AM2 - like ANY other game, like AMC in fact - is boring upon starting ! Today, I'll say it's a pain to unlock an aircraft at 50 billions or R$. I would'nt say that when I'll reach May of this year. It's a pain to wait 24 days before opening a new line and buying the two aircraft I'll make fly on. I wouldn't say that when my airline will be 5 months old, yet, I don't use banks (I should probably have, but it's to say, if you don't want to waste your time, just borrow cash..) Noone can force anyone to contract with a bank. But it's ones fault to choose to progress without Banks.

Even on AMC/DL, where I could buy 7 777-200LR every week, it's still long... "Boring" is meaningless. It depends on the way you consider the time you spend on the game. One month or 3 months to wait for, or anything else is meaningless when you know you make revenues. That's absolutely true ! Telling that everyone should rely on that fact makes sense ;) But that not means I'm happy with that. Hopefully, AMC is still there. ;) I would'nt say that when December of this year will arrive...

What I think about AM2 :
I should have started with "long range" commuters, few lines, many aircraft. I should have waited for 5 billions of TS before investing in R$ and unlocking low cost services, this to reduce costs and increase revenues by buying more planes.. put on the same routes. More planes, more and more planes before opening a new line. Well, after 2 months, I would have no more than 5 lines, or no more than 8 lines with the help of the MiniBank. That's the truth. Willing to open a wide network in AM2 is suicide. Increasing your R$ investment beyound a certain limit too early is also suicide. Your revenues wont follow, and you will stick with nothing to do in weeks... Leasing too many aircraft is also suicide : your revenues won't follow.

:arrow: Buying aircraft is the key, not lines ! ;) If you don't do that, you'll be in trouble...
[Placez votre bannière ici - Télécharger une image]
fsintegral

Nom de compagnie: StellarDream
ID Compagnie AM2: 17419

Messagede nicomedes » Lun Mar 25, 2013 18:11

Thank you all for your points of view an ideas. I'll certainly take note from all of them. Good game to all :)
nicomedes

Messagede Zaneeffler » Mer Nov 18, 2020 09:16

I think the quality of the Airlines Manager is much hygiene. I can say it might be reason of the expensive on bestessay as I have seen that mostly airlines have expensive tickets just of the quality.
Zaneeffler

Nom de compagnie: n/a
ID Compagnie AM2: 0

Retourner vers [Airlines Manager] Conseils et Aide