Index du forum[EN] Airlines Manager in English> › Help and Bugs> › Airlines Manager: Professional> Voir les nouveaux messages | Voir mes messages

Question about maintance

All about bug reports of the Professional mode (formerly AM2)

Question about maintance

Messagede ILuvHK » Lun Oct 02, 2017 04:45

1) I see the french forum has an explanation about when to perform A/D check. 10%-20% is the best for check A if I am right. However I have a problem regarding the D check. It said don't perform d check when ancient aircraft when is older than 3/5 and when new is more than 4.5. May I ask how to define "ancient" and "recent"?

ne réalisez pas de Check D avant d’avoir atteint la note de 3 / 5 sur des appareils anciens et de 4,5/5 sur des appareils récents,

2) Can someone explain the "rationale" behind the current the other cost system please? The other cost of new models are so high that it make those new models earning less than older models even if the maintenance is included. So would anyone of the developer care to explain it please? IF it is just for game balancing, then the result should be the same after paying the maintenance right? If yes, where is the point of breaking even? For example, if you run a new model, the earning will be less but the maintenance is also less in the long run (like for 5 months). How about the price of new models then? I know it is a catalog price but how long will it take for new models to "capitalize" the price different? For example A333 is ~23xM. A359 is 295M. How long will the a359 take to "win" the a333? Thanks a lot.
ILuvHK

ID Compagnie AM2: 672858

Question about maintance

Publicité

Publicité

Re: Question about maintance

Messagede Amarelia » Mer Oct 11, 2017 14:06

Hi,

1 - For older and recent we are talking about the construction year of the aircraft :)
For example: 1980 is older and 2007 is recent.

To have explanation about maintenance on this page of the help guide: https://help.airlines-manager.com/knowl ... t/?lang=en

2- The difference between the costs of a recent and an older model comes from the equipment difference between them. A recent aircraft has a more expensive and high-tech equipment like screen on seat for example which are not available in older ones. But the cost of recent equipment is not included in the maintenance cost but in the "other costs" :)

To complete my reply, ou can find some explanation about the "other costs" on the help center:
- Misc on the Account book: https://help.airlines-manager.com/knowl ... count-book
- Misc in the cash flow forecast: https://help.airlines-manager.com/knowl ... k/?lang=en
- Other costs in Flight details: https://help.airlines-manager.com/knowl ... ht-details

I hope this will help :)
Don't forget, it's just a game and not real life ;) / N'oubliez pas, ce n'est qu'un jeu et non la réalité ;)
Amarelia
Équipe Playrion

Nom de compagnie: Starklines
ID Compagnie AM2: 537169

Messagede ILuvHK » Lun Oct 16, 2017 03:14

How long will the effect of D/A checks on SP take to recover? Once after a massive D check, the SP dropped a lot (The daily maintenance cost increased like 3M per day). I thought it takes 7 days to recover but obviously no. How long does it take though?
ILuvHK

ID Compagnie AM2: 672858

Messagede alex.magui95 » Jeu Oct 26, 2017 15:27

It takes the last 60 days to calculate the average maintenance costs for one day, as said in the help guide:

The real calculation of your Maintenance costs on D-1 (average costs for one day) is the addition of: A Check (of the last 60 days) + D Check (of the last 60 days), the total divided by 60 days.
alex.magui95

Nom de compagnie: Helvetica
ID Compagnie AM2: 71318

Messagede orangeair » Mar Oct 31, 2017 21:03

Amarelia a écrit:2- The difference between the costs of a recent and an older model comes from the equipment difference between them. A recent aircraft has a more expensive and high-tech equipment like screen on seat for example which are not available in older ones. But the cost of recent equipment is not included in the maintenance cost but in the "other costs" :)

Sorry, but that's not true. You can retrofit older planes with any high-tech equipment you want. It just costs more (on older planes).
orangeair

Messagede Donny_Wingo » Dim Déc 31, 2017 03:21

ILuvHK a écrit: Can someone explain the "rationale" behind the current the other cost system please? The other cost of new models are so high that it make those new models earning less than older models even if the maintenance is included. So would anyone of the developer care to explain it please? IF it is just for game balancing, then the result should be the same after paying the maintenance right? If yes, where is the point of breaking even? For example, if you run a new model, the earning will be less but the maintenance is also less in the long run (like for 5 months). How about the price of new models then? I know it is a catalog price but how long will it take for new models to "capitalize" the price different? For example A333 is ~23xM. A359 is 295M. How long will the a359 take to "win" the a333? Thanks a lot.

Answer from Playrion...
Amarelia a écrit: The difference between the costs of a recent and an older model comes from the equipment difference between them. A recent aircraft has a more expensive and high-tech equipment like screen on seat for example which are not available in older ones. But the cost of recent equipment is not included in the maintenance cost but in the "other costs"

"Other costs" are the most ridiculous thing in this game and the explanations from Playrion are even more ridiculous.

First, these "other costs" are unpublished until you buy the plane and put it on the route. Then comes the surprise of how high these costs can be on newer model planes. I'm sure real-world airlines would be really happy to buy airplanes from Boeing or Airbus to later find out that there are hidden costs. I don't think airlines would be too happy about this. One response from Playrion has been that newer model planes have unforeseen costs until you start flying it. This is true for the first few planes of a new model flown by an airline, and when this happens the manufacturer will normally give a credit or money back to the airline.

Second, we have the response above that "other costs" are for "expensive and high-tech equipment like screens on seats." I see a lot of airlines that aren't putting screens in seat-backs. So essentially you are paying for luxury services on newer model aircraft whether you want to or not. What if you are running a low-cost airline like a Norwegian, EasyJet or Southwest Airlines? Shouldn't the seat-back entertainment be a part of the comfort section of research and not automatically added as an "other cost."

I think Playrion needs to give the real reason for the "other costs," because the answers they have given so far don't make sense in any language.
Donny_Wingo

Nom de compagnie: WeGoJet
ID Compagnie AM2: 1370125

Retourner vers Airlines Manager: Professional