Index du forum[EN] Airlines Manager in English> › Help and Bugs> › Airlines Manager: Tycoon> Voir les nouveaux messages | Voir mes messages

Question about "Other costs"

All about bug reports of the Tycoon mode

Messagede scuderiablue » Mer Jan 30, 2019 11:49

Hello! I am relatively new here and play this game for 2 weeks.

Currently I am using Q-400 for the SH, A321(neo) for the MH and A380 for LH. However, I developed the A321neo Version because I thaught it would help me saving fuel and maintenance Costs on long term.When I started to swap the A321 with A321 neo, I found out that the "other costs" on the same routes are up to three times higher! What are these "other Costs"? These higher costs on the neo version reduce my profitability massively. So I do not see any reason right now to keep running this newer Aircraft Version.

Can somebody tell me, if I can influence these costs on the neo version? I hope someone can help me :D

Thanks in Advance :)
scuderiablue

ID Compagnie AM2: 0

Publicité

Publicité

Re: Question about "Other costs"

Messagede lusankya » Sam Fév 02, 2019 18:42

Hi, in order to reduce your ''other costs'', you should improve your statistics and also use an older plane. On this game, most of modern planes are less efficient than older planes.

Other costs is like the Dark energy, we don't know what it is but it affect our world :)

Maybe one day it will change...
lusankya

Nom de compagnie: Vair
ID Compagnie AM2: 74428

Messagede weilliam1 » Jeu Fév 07, 2019 16:55

lusankya a écrit:Hi, in order to reduce your ''other costs'', you should improve your statistics and also use an older plane. On this game, most of modern planes are less efficient than older planes.

But this doesn't make any sense at all. We spend time and money (accumulation of research points requires daily investment) to research the latest plane models, pay a lot more for the modern and supposedly more fuel-efficient plane models, but they make less money than the older plane models due to higher "other costs"?

Apart from the game driving monetisation through making players spend AM Coins on older plane models, I do not see how this benefits the game play at all. Why research newer airplane models? Why pay more for newer plane models?
weilliam1

Messagede gauk96 » Jeu Fév 07, 2019 17:19

weilliam1 a écrit:
lusankya a écrit:Hi, in order to reduce your ''other costs'', you should improve your statistics and also use an older plane. On this game, most of modern planes are less efficient than older planes.

But this doesn't make any sense at all. We spend time and money (accumulation of research points requires daily investment) to research the latest plane models, pay a lot more for the modern and supposedly more fuel-efficient plane models, but they make less money than the older plane models due to higher "other costs"?

Apart from the game driving monetisation through making players spend AM Coins on older plane models, I do not see how this benefits the game play at all. Why research newer airplane models? Why pay more for newer plane models?

That's why, if you look for the best players, they have the B747-200B a lot...
Yes, it's not logical at all, the older planes have less costs than the newer planes
gauk96

Nom de compagnie: Rak'Airlines
ID Compagnie AM2: 387225

Messagede scuderiablue » Jeu Fév 07, 2019 17:31

weilliam1 a écrit:

That is exactly what I was thinking!! I spent millions and millions of Resarch Dollars to develop this new Aircraft and pay a lot more Dollars for each plane to find out that the "other Costs" are 3 times higher - so this plane is absolute garbage? That makes absolutely no sense! I do not understand anyway what these other Costs really are. Because the aircraft are technically more modern? For this I pay more for the acquisition and expect a much better durability.

In the real world, the manufacturer would be sued if the costs are suddenly three times higher :mrgreen:
scuderiablue

Messagede weilliam1 » Ven Fév 08, 2019 16:14

I had a back and forth Q&A with Lucas who is the assistant producer of the game. He wasn't able to divulge the exact reasons why "other cost" are higher in modern airplanes, but he did share that a part of it is the game mechanics to equalise the field for smaller players v.s the older and more established players.

Honestly I do not understand this line of reasoning, because the concept of older planes have lower costs is something that players will soon understand/learn, and that the older and more established players can still maintain dominance by keeping a fleet of older planes.

Lucas' point is that the major benefit of newer plane models is the slower wear coefficient, meaning that repair fees are much lower and slower replacement timeframe than the older plane models. Again, this is difficult for me to grasp because I have a difference of 100K in earnings between an A330-300 (older) v.s A330-900 (newer) on the same route and over actual playing days this can quickly accumulate to the difference in being able to afford another plane fairly quickly. Any wear can also be easily offset by Bob.
weilliam1

Messagede Atlan da Gonozal » Mer Aoû 07, 2019 09:51

I had a back and forth Q&A with Lucas who is the assistant producer of the game. He wasn't able to divulge the exact reasons why "other cost" are higher in modern airplanes, but he did share that a part of it is the game mechanics to equalise the field for smaller players v.s the older and more established players.

I guess that's really the case. Balancing the profit you can make with one flight.
I wonder if anyone has put together a statistic of "other costs" compared to airplane and utilisation (payload/ pax dist.)
Atlan da Gonozal

Nom de compagnie: TransSnowflake

Retourner vers Airlines Manager: Tycoon