Index du forum[EN] Airlines Manager in English> › Free topics and members introduction> Voir les nouveaux messages | Voir mes messages

Change in Strategy From Beginning to Now

On this forum, you are free to introduce yourselves and talk about what you want… but please avoid any abuse. ;)

Messagede Donny_Wingo » Ven Sep 08, 2017 21:35

A question for some of the more seasoned players on here... How has your strategy changed from when you started the game to now? What was your strategy when you started? What is it now? With what you know now, what would you do differently in the early days of playing AM?
Donny_Wingo

Nom de compagnie: WeGoJet
ID Compagnie AM2: 1370125

Publicité

Publicité

Re: Change in Strategy From Beginning to Now

Messagede Symie » Mar Sep 12, 2017 23:04

As a piece of fresh meat where this game is concerned I'd like to read some of these stories.

Personally already I have changed strategy 4 times. Went from short hops to medium/long then back to small as I didn't want to take any loans, then became a billionaire for a few minutes when I did take the loans, went from 1 to 3 stars then back to 1 just over a week later and now I'm trying a little bit of everything! I average 20 million a day, which is poor. Oh, it should be said I only play this on the mobile. PC is for Flight Simming.

So it would be good to see how others set out to make their millions/billions.
The Man that never made a mistake never made nothing!
Symie

ID Compagnie AM2: 0

Messagede Donny_Wingo » Mer Sep 13, 2017 02:08

I was hoping that some of those that have been doing this longer might jump on and offer some advice on what they know now and what they would have done different.
Donny_Wingo

Messagede MossieNZ » Mer Sep 13, 2017 04:43

While I certainly haven't been playing this game for a long period of time, I can say a few things I would do differently.

Firstly, I would start a spreadsheet early, and use it to track how profitable each route and plane is. I would also have started trying to figure out the "formula" of the game much earlier. Being able to work out which plane is the best for your route choice etc makes life much better and your airline will benefit.

Secondly, think of a strategy and stick to it. There are so many different ways to make money in the game, but the quickest way to lose it is by having to sell planes and routes due to a strategy change. Build your research to help this strategy. Obviously once you get a bit bigger, it gives you more flexibility to change strategies, but don't rush into it.

Everyone who you talk to in this game will give you different advice. And everyone has a different strategy. But ultimately you need to decide what you want to do in the game, and come up with a strategy to achieve that.
MossieNZ

Messagede Donny_Wingo » Mer Sep 13, 2017 19:31

Thanks MossieNZ for sharing some of what you have learned. What is your strategy for Vortex Air? Looks like you are primarily a long-haul airline. This seems to be the most popular strategy on AM2.
Donny_Wingo

Messagede MossieNZ » Mer Sep 13, 2017 20:25

My current strategy is Long Haul Economy. But I am also doing a significant amount of behind the scenes calculation to try and figure out the best strategy so this may change in the future.
MossieNZ

Messagede Donny_Wingo » Dim Oct 15, 2017 01:57

I have just recently changed my strategy to flying mostly 777-200s and 777-300s on both my short and long-haul routes. I have found both planes to be very economical. Most of my routes are over 80% profit margin.
Donny_Wingo

Messagede PeteG » Dim Déc 17, 2017 19:40

Great post for open discussions!
I started as a rookie taking all free planes and cheap planes, short routes, then MH. As I have been learning the game my strategy has changed to LH, A380, B748, A350, B788 only, I sold all my SH and most MH planes (Still keep a few to fill my old SH routes).

I also reconfigured every route, on a very detailed spreadsheet I set my game plan before starting:

1- Buy routes that are 9893 kms or less (24 hr RT flights)
2- Optimize research to focus on LH, Econ & Cargo, so Entertainment and Punctuality are prioritized over Attractiveness of Prices & Safety. Delivery Speed & Offer Attractiveness as long as it does not decrease pax demand.
3- Hire Staff that meets above criteria (That section is closed now but it still giving me benefits)
4- Optimize prices (After research above)
5- Start spreadsheet with maximum route capacity and see how I can use my existing plane inventory to fill existing demand
6- Ground all the planes from a hub, then sell all SH & MH planes
7- Fill routes leaving positive pax demand. Each plane should only cover one route for efficient route demand. Most routes take 2-3 planes
8- From available pax demand, pick from any of A380, B748, A350, B788 planes to complete the route demand, not to exceed -100 pax equivalent (Figure out the conversion from Biz/First to Cargo & Econ to estimate plane capacity)
9- Once all demand is filled for routes, get floater planes to pick up leftover pax on that one day of the week, mixing routes.
10- Take out loans only to complete your group plane purchase where the discount you get for group purchases is greater than the interest rate charged, then pay it back in the next week.
11- I became BOB the mechanic's best friend (for free, of course)

I have moved from Rank 1,500 to 150 in the last 2 months. So something is working right.

I still have bugs, some days I get $0 SP or negative on some days. I haven't figured out what the problem is. This makes me lose 50 spots and then recover after the system works again.

Other players have optimized for SH, others for Biz/First and others for Cargo, as long as you are consistent with your research , staff and route configuration, all will work. As I have watched the top 10 players and they all have different strategies and are still in top 10.

I welcome your opinion so I can improve my game.
Pete
PeteG

Nom de compagnie: Gamaxia

Messagede Donny_Wingo » Lun Déc 18, 2017 20:59

Some good points! Nice growth you've had.

What is your airline name and/or number so that we can check it out?
Donny_Wingo

Retourner vers Free topics and members introduction