Index du forum[EN] Airlines Manager in English> › Free topics and members introduction> Voir les nouveaux messages | Voir mes messages

Looking for advice: what plane to buy

On this forum, you are free to introduce yourselves and talk about what you want… but please avoid any abuse. ;)

Messagede IAF75 » Dim Avr 21, 2019 22:57

Hi everybody,
I’m not an expert in planes but I know a little bit about managing and costing.
I’ve been playing AM for a month approximately.
I’m studying the profitability of the planes and I’ve seen that despite of selecting a better airplane later in the flights is applied a cost called others and everything changes.
I think it is confusing or hidden and it is not real, but to sum up briefly I made a comparison in the same route with two planes and the first one gave me a revenue of $500/passenger and the second one $900/passenger and it is supposed that the first one is better or newer.
The way of selecting what is the most profitable plane should be comparing all planes but it would be very long.
Can anyone give any advice about what planes I should buy even for long distances?
Thanks a lot.
IAF75

Nom de compagnie: IEL Air
ID Compagnie AM2: 0

Publicité

Publicité

Re: Looking for advice: what plane to buy

Messagede Silvestre » Lun Avr 22, 2019 02:50

Hi,
Have you tried to compare with different seats distribution ?
- Eco is more profitable than business class
- Bus is more profitable than 1st class
- Cargo depends on the researches you made

At the beginning you MUST make R&D to improve your specs and to be able to adjust your services and to select the best plane (for your goals)
:wink:
Silvestre

Nom de compagnie: Brandenburgair
ID Compagnie AM2: 359967

Messagede IAF75 » Lun Avr 22, 2019 03:24

Yes, I have done all of this, including optimizing the configuration to the destination maximazing the profit covering almost the demand and keeping the planes above a 95% of time flying (for me that is the OEE)
But I have been calculating ratios (profit of flight/passengers) to see what model of plane is more profitable or easier to amortisize and comparing an A320-200 with a 747 even the boring has more passengers the revenue is much more lower for example.
I have seen the fleets of the big teams and I have seen that they mainly use A380.
I'm looking for people that would like to share his tricks in order to grow up our airlines faster.
Thanks for reading.
IAF75

Nom de compagnie: IEL Air

Messagede Silvestre » Mer Avr 24, 2019 13:42

Well... The A380 can carry 852 ECO pax and 4 tons of cargo, so it seems pretty obvious that you may hope more income with an A380 on long haul flights than with a Q-400 operating locally

Since Eco seats have the best value in terms of income/space, you may consider Eco seats first and if you have some demand remaining, you may consider business class seats as a 2nd option, and first class seats as a 3rd option

As beginners need urgently easy cash to finance R&D, headcounts, new lines, new hubs, larger planes on long haul flights seem more attractive.

Another point to consider is that the more your R&D objectives and headcounts training increase, the demand increases as well. That means that a A340 could be perfect today but in a month a A380 would be better. Obviously this is part of management skills, but it needs time, a lot of time... particularly if you own a large company.

I must admit that I'm amazed about some companies in the Tycoon top 50 range, with plenty of smaller planes

I have not enough time to play with smaller plane configurations and (in my mind) the tools to search high remaining demand flights aren't really adapted to very large companies (more than 1000 lines / more than 1000 planes...)
For those reasons I focus mainly on A380's and 777-200LR planes for passengers
Regarding cargo,
As I have up to 700 tons cargo demand on flights which exceed the 22:30 flights limit of the 747-400ERF and the 20:00 flights limit of the 747-8F, I decided to purchase A380's and 777-200LR's with a very few business and first class seats and around 90% of the plane capacity to carry cargo. In real life it is probably laughable to do so, but after all, we are in a game, aren't we ? :D

So, finally, I don't really bother about optimizing very precisely my planes and that's probably the reason why I'm constantly moving in range of the top 50/top 60 Tycoon gamers...

Hope this help :wink:
Silvestre

Nom de compagnie: Brandenburgair
ID Compagnie AM2: 359967

Messagede Atlan da Gonozal » Mer Aoû 07, 2019 10:35

Silvestre a écrit:As beginners need urgently easy cash to finance R&D, headcounts, new lines, new hubs, larger planes on long haul flights seem more attractive.

Crashing the numbers of LH vs SH, I found out that a LH flight Europe-US with an A330-300 has a ROI of 17.6 weeks, where as most of my SH European flights with a Q400 turn out to have a ROI of 12 to 15 week.

I agree on beginners needing cash to finance R&D, but my stats lead the make me believe that there is quicker money to be made with multiple SH flights to the same destination. Mainly because of less costs for the destinations an cheaper airplanes.

I understand that later in the game the micromanagement of a SH fleet will be too much and fewer LH A380 will be easier to manage.
Atlan da Gonozal

Nom de compagnie: TransSnowflake

Retourner vers Free topics and members introduction